Monday, March 8, 2010

Can't log into SQL Server

Had to reboot one of my servers today and after it loaded, I couldn't access or log into my local SqlServer at all.

I had changed my windows login password a few months ago but I guess I never rebooted back then.  After some digging I was able to find this solution:

I actually managed to solve this problem...i think my SQL Server was set to mixed mode which is why i was having problems with my new win2k password--

here's how i did it (for others who are facing teh same problem)
in win2k-
-go to the control panel
-click on administrative tools
-click on services
-right click on MSSQLServer and choose properties
-click on logon tab
-enter and confirm new password
-restart SQL Server

its actually in the help section (for SQL Server 2k) under the heading "Changing Passwords and User Accounts" and there also is info there for win 4.0 NT.

No comments:

Post a Comment